Next Baby Massage Course starts Thursday 1st June 2017.
Could your baby benefit from baby massage? Baby massage can help babies with general relaxation and can help you to bond with your baby. If you are interested in booking a place on our next course which will be held on Thursday 1st June 2017, please email [email protected]. Places are limited, so do not delay as places are going quickly!
What is Baby Massage?
Baby massage is a longstanding parenting tradition in many cultures, including Indian and African and was introduced to the western world during the last 30 years gaining in popularity in the UK since the late 1990s. Baby massage can help babies that have difficulties with sleep, wind, colic and general relaxation. Massaging your baby will help you bond too!
Baby massage is when a parent or primary carer lovingly strokes or holds their baby. Using a high quality non-fragranced vegetable oil, soothing holds and rhythmic strokes are given on each area of the baby’s body following a sequence that has been developed over many years. The massage offers a wonderful experience and a special time to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with babies, so that they feel loved, valued and respected.
Our experienced massage therapist Clare Hamblin has been trained qualified through the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM) and the course draws from both the Indian and Swedish massage traditions as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology.
The Benefits of Baby Massage:
For your baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby’s behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill
The course is run at the Mersea Road Clinic for babies up to 6 months, for 1 hour for the duration of 5 weeks in groups of up to 6. After the course there will be refreshments and the opportunity to raise any conditions or concerns with one of our Osteopaths.
Next Baby Massage Course Dates:
- Thursday 9th November 2017 at 14:00 for 5 weeks.
If you are interested in finding out more information about baby massage, or to book a place on one of our baby massage courses, please call the clinic on 01206 548899 or use our Contact Form